José Tomás BarruetoPartner
Areas of practice
Mr. Barrueto concentrates his practice in Energy and Mining, Corporate and Commercial Law, Environmental Law and Sanctioning Proceedings, Administrative Law, Project Development, Real Estate, Litigation and Arbitration.
He has advised a broad range of local and foreign clients in his areas of expertise, participating in some of the most relevant legal matters occurred in the country in such fields. Likewise, Mr. Barrueto has extensive experience advising clients in issues related to the environmental assessment impact system, the Environmental Superintendence and the Environmental Courts.
Mr. Barrueto is one of the Chilean members of the Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation between Chile and Canada. He is also a professor of the course mining and energy projects development, at the LL.M. program of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School. Mr. Barrueto is recognized in the Energy Area by the international publication Chambers & Partners.
- Carey & Cía.
- Dechert LLP (Nueva York).
- Environmental Assessment Agency, Government of Chile.
- National Commission of the Environment, Government of Chile.
- Morales & Besa.
- J.D., Universidad de los Andes, 2006.
- LL.M., University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Law School (Becas Chile Scholarship), 2013.