Environmental and Regulatory Law
At BGBB we have extensive experience advising national and international clients on environmental and sectorial matters for the development of their investment projects in the areas of non-conventional renewable energy generation, green hydrogen, mining, ports, and infrastructure, among others.
Our highly specialized team advises on all levels of project development (pre-feasibility, SEIA, and operation) in the regulatory and sectorial areas, entry into the Environmental Impact Assessment System through environmental impact statements and environmental impact studies, and in the eventual administrative and judicial procedures arising from the development of projects.
Our advice in these matters involves, among others, the following services:
- Advice on elaboration of environmental impact declarations and studies.
- Environmental due diligence for financing and project acquisitions.
- Environmental project licenses, authorizations, and sectoral permits and administrative concessions.
- Strategic assistance during environmental impact assessment process.
- Actions and procedures before environmental authorities and sectoral authorities.
- Citizen participation and early citizen participation.
- Community engagement.
- Voluntary environmental commitments and mitigation, remedial or compensation measures.
- Sanctioning procedures and environmental litigation before environmental authorities, sectoral agencies, and environmental courts.
- Compliance programs, self-reporting, and remediation plans before the environmental authority.
- Consultation letter (“consulta de pertenincia”) of admission to the environmental impact system.
- Climate change, energy and environmental policy.